Not Before 7 can be found on Periscope! I hope you will join me there.
If I am live right now, this button will be orange. You can press it to join in the discussion:
But let’s start with basics…
Periscope is an app that that allows you to broadcast or watch live stream straight from your smart phone. Your cell phone becomes a personal video camera to share your experience or thoughts with the world…Live.
Anyone can tune in from anywhere at any time.
How Do I Get on Periscope?
1. Download the Periscope app to your smart phone OR you can watch periscopes on your computer. If you are watching on your laptop or desktop, you won’t be able to interact with the broadcaster with comments or hearts. You need to app to interact.
2. Login through your twitter account if you have one. If you don’t have one, you can use your cell phone number.
3. You can follow people by clicking on the little person icon on the bottom right. To find Not Before 7, click on the search icon in the top left of the screen and search for @notbefore7. Click “Follow”.
4. When one of your followers is live, you will be notified on your phone with a whistle sound. If you follow me on twitter, you will get a tweet when I am live.
I missed the live stream, how can I find a replay?
Periscope will save the scopes for 24 hours. You can view the scope and even leave hearts while watching the replay!
After that time, if the broadcaster sets up an account at Katch, then the scope will be saved for later viewing. My periscopes can be found on my Katch account. The great thing about Katch is that you can fast forward, pause, and rewind the scope!
What is the advantage of watching live?
Comments are the main advantage of watching live. If you watch live, you can comment during the broadcast to ask questions or interact with the broadcaster.
What is with the hearts?
Hearts are similar to the “like” button of Facebook. Instead, they are the “love” button of periscope. During a broadcast, you will see hearts flying along the left hand side of the screen. If you tap the screen, then you can add hearts to the collection of flying hearts. Each viewer gets their own colored heart during the broadcast. Think of them as applause and clap frequently!
Join the fun.
Come on out and follow me while I give this new social media a try:
- How To Find What Motivates Your Teen Using TruSpark - January 17, 2022
- Celebrate a Book 2022 Reading Challenge for Families - January 3, 2022
- Wrap up Your Year and Write New Year Goals - December 17, 2021