Conversation Starters for Families to use All Year Long
Our family began a simple tradition many years ago with two simple family conversation starters that had an incredibly positive impact on our dinner conversation.
We stopped asking our kids how their day was and began asking two simple questions:
- What was the highlight of your day? (or what was your favorite part of the day?)
- What was the hardest part of your day?
Our oldest child was only around 8 years old when we began and these two questions became the foundation for our family conversation starters.
Family Conversation Starters
I began writing monthly conversation starters to inspire new conversations with my kids.
We had a great time laughing, talking, and sharing around the table all year long. This year, we are ready to start again and while the questions are the same, our answers will definitely vary.
You can purchase your own set of year-round conversation starters and spark some fun conversations with your kids tonight.
- the benefits of conversation
- ideas for storing and using your conversation starters, including specific ideas for the seasons
- a label for making a conversation jar
- 26 questions for 12 months of the year
- 26 “Would You Rather” bonus questions to use throughout the year
Grab Your Set Now:
Grab your full set of conversation starters for the entire year and start your discussions tonight. Everyone from your little kids to your teens will enjoy the variety of questions.
Start with a FREE set:
Subscribers to this blog receive a FREE set of “Would You Rather” questions. These are NOT the same questions included in the Year-Round book. This is a set of questions available ONLY to subscribers.
Want a sneak peek at the questions?
I hope you have a year of great conversation!
- 5 Simple Ideas to Encourage Creative Writing With Young Kids - May 3, 2023
- 24 Creative Ways to Have Fun with Your Family in May - April 27, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Poetry Collections for Kids - April 10, 2023
Do you have a place to view samples of these? Also, is the year round book just all of the seasonal ones together in one place?
Hi Wendy, The best way to see samples is to watch the FB Live video. I read a few questions and show the design/layout. The year round book includes all 12 months while the season ones have 3 months. They are the same questions. The bonus “Would You Rather” questions are only in the year-round book.
Hope that helps!
I don’t see the February freebie conversation starters. Can you help me find them please? I love the idea of these!
Pamela – you can find that post here: https://maryhannawilson.com/free-february-conversation-starters/