Our family began a simple tradition many years ago with two simple family conversation starters that had an incredibly positive impact on our dinner conversation.
We stopped asking our kids how their day was and began asking two simple questions:
- What was the highlight of your day? (or what was your favorite part of the day?)
- What was the hardest part of your day?
Our oldest child was only around 8 years old when we began and these two questions became the foundation for our family conversation starters.
Family Conversation Starters
I began writing monthly conversation starters to inspire new conversations with my kids.
We had a great time laughing, talking, and sharing around the table all year long. This year, we are ready to start again and while the questions are the same, our answers will definitely vary.
You can purchase your own set of year-round conversation starters and spark some fun conversations with your kids tonight.
- the benefits of conversation
- ideas for storing and using your conversation starters, including specific ideas for the seasons
- a label for making a conversation jar
- 26 questions for 12 months of the year
- 26 “Would You Rather” bonus questions to use throughout the year
Grab Your Set Now:
Grab your full set of conversation starters for the entire year and start your discussions tonight. Everyone from your little kids to your teens will enjoy the variety of questions.
Start with a FREE set:
Subscribers to this blog receive a FREE set of “Would You Rather” questions.
These are NOT the same questions included in the Year-Round book. This is a set of questions available ONLY to subscribers.
Start Laughing Today
Grab your free set of Would You Rather Questions
Want a sneak peek at the questions?
I hope you have a year of great conversation!
- Water Games to Play with Friends While Social Distancing this Summer - July 9, 2020
- How to Enjoy Poetry Teatime in Your Homeschool - June 28, 2020
- Creative Poetry Teatime Ideas When You Need a Break from Reading Poetry - June 19, 2020